Monday, August 30, 2010

The City that Never Sleeps

Earlier this summer I took a short trip to NYC. Immediately when I arrived, I was in pure awe of the real city life that LA lacks. So much action and so many people, basically sprinting to their next destinations...I couldn't help but wonder what kind of life the New Yorker passing me was leading.


My one request for my quick vacation was fun, hip, and delicious restaurants.... and boy did we nail it!  Here's a little breakdown of what was in store...




Thursday Night: The Standard Grill in the Meat packing District www.thestandardgrill.com. Let me just say trenDY, and just what I was looking for :) The restaurant was filled with beautiful people, fashionable clothes, and tasty dishes! We ended up ordering the steak, swordfish, and side of potatoes covered in melted cheese..WOW RICH but hit the spot!






 








Friday Night: The Stanton Social on the lower East side: www.thestantonsocial.com- There's nothing better than ordering a ton of small dishes and sharing them with your peers. Stanton Social did just that, and brought us continuous dishes throughout the meal. But even before we sat down, we grabbed a drink at the upstairs lounge where we met Katie and Jeff, our new friends! We ended up meeting them later at the Thompson Hotel rooftop for cocktails later on.... 

For dinner we decided to order the Kobe Beef sliders, and baked mac and cheese with tomatoes...I basically had to ask the waitress to remove the mac and cheese from the table it was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment